Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Amana gas dryer, Model #NDG6800AWW Serial

Customer Question
#10098596LE my problem is that...
I have an Amana gas dryer, Model #NDG6800AWW Serial #10098596LE my problem is that I plugged it in first time (just bought used) I have no control panel power and none of the buttons respond however the light is on in the drum.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any testing.

I have one, I have used it a couple times. I should be able to do the testing.

ok lets open the console ans on the control board the L1 power wire goes to the motor / control relay where another black wire is also attached.

With the unit plugged in test the black wires terminal on the control boards relay for voltage to chassis ground (bare metal ) looking for 120 volts A/C

Let me know what you get.

Sorry, I am not at the dryer now. Can I call, email or text you later today, I'd hate to bother you on the weekend it may be the best time I have to get to the dryer.

Yes we can continue later.

Do you have a wire diagram for this unit?

And if not do you know how to read one?

I don't but I think I could read one I will get the stuff the guy gave me. How do I contact you later.

here is a link to the wire diagram also .

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagramenlarge/2/0/656906/106181

And to contact me later ,

Just copy This conversations URL and paste it into your favorites and get back to me when you can!