Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I've got a frigidaire ffhs 2622 mw with a loose fresh food…

Customer Question
I've got a frigidaire...

I've got a frigidaire ffhs 2622 mw with a loose fresh food handle...there are no set screws or cap. How do I remove the handle to tighten?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Fresh food handle is loose and needs to be tighten.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

You need to remove the door handle on the unit. The door handle slides straight up and off. Then you can tighten down the posts that the handle mounts to. You can slip a putty knife down from the inside area of the handle to catch the releases or with a quick jerk motion the handle should slide straight up and pop free.

I would like you to know that I am APPLIANCEGURU a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks