Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dryer will not heat, checked everything, even the motor

Customer Question
Dryer will not heat ...

Dryer will not heat

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Checked everything, even the motor switch. All thermostats check out. Tried a new control board. I am down to looking at the control panel as a possible reason.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

dv448aew/xaa
Voltage is going into dryer at 240 and control board switch is working. Motor turns on and runs fine. It seems for some reason power is not coming from motor to heating element. Thermostats check out that lead to heating element. I am stumped. Checked everything out with multi-meter.
Just replaced heating element last month. Heating element has continuity at 10 ohms.
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello I am a different tech do you still need help?

I do. All the information is above. Am I missing something I am supposed to check. I will start over if I need too and go through the steps of why the heater is not going on.

OK get at the board with your volt meter and check for 120 volts out of the BLUE wire #4 terminal to ground do you have power there?

I am not at the dryer right now.
I will be there in 20 minutes

OK once there check that and then check the BLACK wire next to it for 120 volts to ground #3 terminal....then if you can check the back side of the board at that relay for a burned solder joint, let me know what you find.

The bottom is not accessible since it is in a plastic tray with a coating of clear plastic. On my original board I do see some sodder on the surface but I can't tell if it is abnormal. Anyway I have the original board on there now and 120v are going in the blue when I turn on the dyer. And 120v is going in the black when idle.
I did try the new board I have but still no heat.

OK so if you have 120 to the blue wire do you have that to ground at the heater terminal either side to ground?

Are you available in this evening, since I had to go back to work.
I just grounded it to the dryer frame not the heater terminal. I can do that, however.

Yes and if you want to pay for a phone call on this that would work way better!