Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I replaced heating element put sensor and thermostat all are…

Customer Question
I replaced heating element put...
I replaced heating element put sensor and thermostat all are getting power. It will not start the dash lights up
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/3/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

There is a door position sensing switch that must close, when the door is closed, to activate the cycle. Will please see if the switch is operating correctly? Often it's required to push on the door, while starting the cycle. Thank you.

door is shut

Can you hear a switch click, when the door is opened and closed?

Hold on let me check
It was working fine but nite heating we put original parts element sensor and thermostat
It sounds like it always has
It lights up on my settings
Just will not run

Thank you. I believe the switch is faulty. Its part number is ***** 64-00828A, and its price is $11.40. You can purchase it at www.searspartsdirect.com.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

We have replaced thermostat and sensor already
Is this a door switch?

Yes, it is. The provides for safety, by disabling the dryer operation, when the door is open.

Ok I will let you know tomorrow if this fixes it

Thank you.

This is not the problem the switch is good
The switch is good ck out with the meter

Were you able to check the continuity with the door closed? Sometimes the switch actuator doesn't make the switch close, even though it checks OK, when manually pushed. If this is the case, adjustment of the position of the switch may be made.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?