Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a refrigerator bought in 2011. It is model

Customer Question
#MFX2571XEW. The freezer drawer does...
I have a refrigerator bought in 2011. It is model #MFX2571XEW. The freezer drawer does not defrost. The ice builds up on the bottom below the drawers and frost builds also. What can be
causing this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Donald are you say the floor of the freezer get a slab of ice on it under the freezer basket?

Behind the freezer rear interior wall is the freezer Evaporator coil ,under the coil is the defrost drain hole /trough .

You will need to remove every thing out of the freezer and remove the rear interior panel and defrost the drain trough and flush the drain hole opening to clear it .

This is a common issue with the drain line opening getting clogged with debris and freezing up and each time the unit goes into an auto defrost the water has to go some where and that is out onto the freezer floor.

I use a heat gun /hair dryer and hot water with a turkey baster to clean the trough and the drain line opening out and flush the hot water down the drain to make sure it is clear.

Here is a video that should help you also .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiLmJQmzEY

If you have any questions just let me know!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.