Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model rfg297aapn freezer temp flashing 2 not cooling

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

DO this and let me know the error

Self Diagnosis: Press both buttons (Energy Saver– Lighting) simultaneously (No sound when both buttons are pressed at the same time) ‟til the display quits blinking and beeps, 8-12 seconds, then release and read Fault Codes

All lights flashed and went tp88 88 then off
2 no longer flashing
Did this correct the problem?

Yes that should have cleared it!

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks