Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

II have jmv8208AA/AC that suddenly has now power. I bought

Customer Question

iI have jmv8208AA/AC that suddenly has now power. I bought it about five years ago. What are my options?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The place it is plugged in has "juice" but the Microwave is still "dead."
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

You need to check the internal bus fuse on the unit. You have to take the upper grill off and then you will see a single screw above the control console. Remove that and lift up on the console to bring it forward and out so you can get inside the unit, there you will find a BUS fuse on a filter board. You may see it even above the console area, change and check that.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I am just finishing up and you are my next call a couple min