Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a monogram range model ZDP48N6rd2. I ran self

Customer Question
I have a monogram range...
I have a monogram range model ZDP48N6rd2. I ran self cleaning and the door is now stuck in the locked position. How can I force unlock the door
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Often times you can start the clean cycle again, then cancel it after a minute or so to cycle the door latch. Also try turning off the circuit breaker for a few minutes.

i did both of these things twice and it is still locked
Hello?

If you get a 90 degree piece of metal, you can push the latch open. It opens to the left. Do you hear the motor running when you turn on/off the clean cycle? The part number is *****

no I do not hear the motor running...I actually only here an electric clicking that makes me think the self cleaning feature is not working. So where is the latch located? how do I find it?

It's in the front center of the main oven door. If you look at the picture of the part number I sent you, you can see the latch piece that locks the door. It may be accessible from the top if you remove the burner pans.

Have you tried pushing on the door while you turn the clean cycle on and off? That could release tension on the lock motor.

it is not accessible by removing the burner pans. I can not insert the 90 degree piece of metal at the center because the space is extremely narrow. And if I try sliding it in from the side I risk ripping the oven seal. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried my last suggestion?

that didn't work either. the self cleaning feature now only turns off when I turn off the power to the range

The front panel will need to be removed to gain access to the lock motor then. The breaker and gas line should be turned off to access the lock mechanism. There is a screw that may not be accessible when the oven door is closed. If the gears in the motor are stripped, the latch piece should be easy to move though. It is above the gasket though, so being careful, the gasket shouldn't get damaged.

how do I remove the front panel? Are special tools required?

In my previous response I mentioned that you may not be able to get to the screws above the door. Just a Phillips screwdriver is used though.

i think i am going to have to call a technician to come out. But thanks for trying

You're welcome.

Dave
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician