Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I took the timer off of my dryer now I have a new one but I…

Customer Question
I took the timer off...
I took the timer off of my dryer now I have a new one but I don't know which wires go where.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

Did you take off all the old wires and not mark them?

OK

Brown wires- TC

Orange- TA

PINK-TH

RED- TB

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I don't know what that means. I have a red yellow and white wires that are bundled together that are coming from the fabric care knob, a relay and the motor.. I have a brown and pink wire on one connector.I have a red wire coming from the options knob that doesn't fit anywhere. I have a black wire that only fits in one place that comes from the signal knob.. I have a red wire with a black stripe that comes from the fabric care knob.

I have the wiring diagram for the unit...do you need the where these connect at the timer or in the unit?

On the timer

You should see labels on the timer...

TB, TA, TC , TH do you not see them?

No there marked A, B, C, H. F, X and 2 more with no number

OK place them as follows

Yellow--------------------X

Black(from buzzer)----S

Orange(from selector switch at #15 spot on selector this may not be orange and may be red/black)------A

RED(heavy gauge wire)-----B

Pink----H

Brown-C