Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave 10 year old GE Spacemaker XL 1400. Turntable not…

Customer Question
Robert: microwave 10 year...
Robert: microwave 10 year old GE Spacemaker XL 1400. Turntable not turning. Kinda heats. Sometime little turn then stops. What to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money you have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

The turn table motor needs to be replaced on the unit. That has nothing to do with it heating sometimes though. Based on the age you may want to start shopping for a new one, but if you want to just fix the turntable motor that can be done fairly simple the model number does not come up as valid though. If you want to fix it please just post the correct full model.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks