Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a gas range and ran a 15A 120V dedicated line to…

Customer Question
I bought a gas range...
I bought a gas range and ran a 15A 120V dedicated line to where it will sit. Now I look on the spec sheet and it is calling for 20A 120V. My question is how the heck can a gas oven need more than 15 amps? It has a spark ignition, and a non-heated convection fan. Is this just the manufacture being overly cautious? Maybe a little CYA on their part, ignoring the fact that some people will spend the time and money rewiring needlessly? What even makes this weirder is Samsung (the manufacture) won't release the wattage use of the unit or how many amps it really needs... just the 20 amp circuit.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money you have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

You can use a 15 amp circuit for this unit just fine, Samsung rates all their ranges like that for gas, yes it is crazy but it is Chinese.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician