Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung Gas Dryer that is not heating, model #

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung Gas Dryer that is not heating, model # ***** what part do I need to replace

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

All of the Dryer functions are good accept it is not drying the clothes. There is heat, but it does not get hot enough. I checked all the vents and there is no blockage.

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?

No, I would just like to know what part I need to change. Electric is easy, but not too much information in reference to G Gas

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

I'll search for parts information, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.

Thanks

Please accept my apology for the delay in getting back to you. There are two parts, that, when faulty, will cause your problem. The first part is the thermal switch, part number 112480, priced at $18.20, and the second part is the ignitor priced at $29.70. Both these parts can be found at www.repairclinic.com. You'll also find photos of the parts there.

If you need more help, please get back to me. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

John, I do not think it is the thermal switch, because the dryer still starts and runs fine. It may very well be the Igniter, but the one I found on the site you referred was 49.95.

I'm sorry. I forgot to type the ignitor part number in my first response. It's(###) ###-####