Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch dishwasher model SHX33A05UC/14. The

Customer Question
dishwasher was running and after...
I have a Bosch dishwasher model SHX33A05UC/14. The dishwasher was running and after about 10 minutes and started making the zzzzzzzz noise from the door. I emptied the dishes out and there is water standing in the bottom.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Was the pump or motor running or was it an electrical hissing noise?

Not hissing it was like plastic gears skipping. ZZZZ noise. NO smell at all. It was in operation about ten minutes.
There is VERY smelly water in the bottom of the washer from yesterday. I wanted this done yesterday but never got an answer and paid 37. dollars before i had any info. The website navigation sucks !!
I have to get ready for the office. Can I get back to you about noon? Unless there is something I can do fast for you?

Does anything run on the unit now at all even if you CANCEL it will it drain?

Can I send you a sound clip? And yes it runs but the noise in the door is pretty loud. I just shut the door and sprayed bleach in there. And I'm running it now.

Yes you can upload it here.

Do you have a Email address?

You have to use the paperclip attachment here on the site

I dont need it hang on

Yes I will be on all day just post back when you can

I need your email address? This does not support any sound.

Cant you just upload a quick video of it or youtube or google drive a link?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Mkfj6fs8p9QVZ2WVVNNUtpUG8/view?usp=sharing

I got the video I can barely hear it is that the drain pump running?

It makes the noise only when the water is off. When the water ends the noise comes back.
The noise is from the door. That was the door in the video.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Mkfj6fs8p9QVZ2WVVNNUtpUG8/view

That sounds like it is coming from the motor on the unit as there is nothing in the door that really could make that noise, no fan motor or any motor.

What do you suggest I do?

Are you certain it is from the door not the main wash motor it sounds like something is caught in the wash motor impeller.

Hard to say. Is it hard to check the impeller?

Yes it is hard to check...I tell you what Cancel the cycle and do you hear it? If no then start a new on and in the beginning when it fills with water do you hear it? IF no to both then yes it is either a main impeller going bad(Common) or something could be caught in it, neither are easy jobs to do though.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician