Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bob. My Vintec V30SGE fridge is 2.5 years old and has stoped…

Customer Question
Bob. My Vintec V30SGE...

Bob. My Vintec V30SGE fridge is 2.5 years old and has stoped cooling, the fan and light seem to work ok

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

. Can you offer any thoughts?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2016
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Hi my name is Ian ~ can you confirm that the motor at the back is running?

Motor appears to be running as well as the fan
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK there are three pipes that connect to the motor, one is sealed off and then you have a small one and a larger one, can you confirm that the small on is hot - you should check at lease 6 inches away from the motor if you can. Come back to me with your results.

none of the pipes are warm
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK just to clarify - the motor is running but none of the pipes are warm?

it looks like it may just be the fan that is running as there is no vibration at the motor
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK do you hear a clicking from the motor area from time to time and is the casing of the motor hot?

No the motor casing is not hot and cant hear any clicking
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK initially it looks like there is a problem with the electric supply to the compressor - do you have a multimeter as we need to establish if there is power getting to the motor?

No I don't have one
Is there another way to check?
are we still trying to solve this issue?
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

If you had a mains tester it would help but would not be conclusive but from what you have said there is either a problem with the control board inside the cooler or else one of the sensors is faulty. In both cases you need a multimeter to check both voltage and resistance measurements.

Ok, looks like I need to source a local professional. It appears that this exercise was a complete waste of time and money
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

Hardly a waste of time or money, I am here to advise what the problem is, help you confirm the case, and if within you capability talk you through the repair. If you dont have the equipment to do the job I can hardly be held responsible. This is a technical trade ~ if you shorted your house electric out how would you find out where the problem was ? You would either have the test equipment or call out an engineer. You now know where the problem lies, all you have to do is get someone to confirm which component is faulty and replace it. Something you did not know at the start of this conversation. I gave you this information on the understanding that you would pay me a small amount to help you - if I had called at your home for sure the cost would have been at least four times greater.

bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco