Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag mvwc400xw topload washer. I cant get the…

Customer Question
Hi, i have a Maytag...
Hi, i have a Maytag mvwc400xw topload washer. I cant get the main belt to stay on the pulleys. It ate through the plastic guard, and I have replaced the belt. I have tightened the large pulley, and checked the small one over, no obvious problems. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/29/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Do the pulleys appear to be misaligned? The nut on the large pulley has been an issue on these. Is it staying tight?