Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag refrigerator model MSD2732GS. Serial number…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag refrigerator...
I have a Maytag refrigerator model MSD2732GS. Serial number 11703715EG.
The night light in the freezer door won’t go off, regardless of how hard we press the light button. Also the ice and water dispenser won’t shut off sometimes when dispensing. That ice/water dispenser problem has been going on for a while. The light issue just started, I don’t know if the two problems are related or not.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Maytag Refrigerator model number is ***** I left the "R" out earlier.
2/29/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

The light switch for the freezer is bad then, that would have nothing really to do with the fact that the auger and dispenser will not shut off that may be the dispenser switch where you press the dispenser. For now unscrew the bulb until you can get a switch, the switch just pries out and is easy to change here is a link to it.

CLICK HERE PART #28 at this link

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks