Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge adora microwave will not heat food ?it runs fine but…

Customer Question
My ge adora microwave...

My ge adora microwave will not heat food ?it runs fine but no heating up anything

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I started it last night and I sounded like sparks and then started running but not heating

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/28/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

If it all runs but does not heat anything normally that is a burned out magnetron tube. That is the most common issue that causes that problem. They cost 150-200 for the part and the whole unit has to come apart to repair it. If you are skilled and handy you can do it, but often people choose to replace it dues to the repair costs, but that is up to you.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks