Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Front Load Electric Dryer MEDE300VW. My

Customer Question
question: My home is a...
I have a Maytag Front Load Electric Dryer MEDE300VW. My question: My home is a one story ranch. My laundry area is located in the center of our home. Therefore I do not have an exterior wall to vent my dryer. Can I vent this dryer up the wall, through the ceiling and out the roof of our home. Our laundry area is in a room with an 8' ceiling. Our dryer is setting on a 15 1/2" high pedestal. There is approximately 3' of attic area between the ceiling and the roof. The vent plumbing would consist of two 90 degree 4" elbows and 12' to 14' max of rigid metal pipe caped with a box hood style vent. I appreciate your time and advice in helping me solve my dryer issue.
Thank you,
Michael *******
Rochester Hills, MI
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/28/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Michael that would be just fine for venting on the dryer, that is done often at condos and other homes such as yours. There will be no issue with doing that at all. Just make sure to clean the pipe out once every other year. That is really about it.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks