Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung dryer blows the fuse soon as I plug it in, It was…

Customer Question
Samsung dryer blows the fuse...
Samsung dryer blows the fuse soon as I plug it in , It was working fine .I installed the stacking kit then bam it was messed up what could have happened
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/28/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

There isn't much that could have messed up from installing the stack kit. Make sure none of the screws went through any wires inside the dryer's outer shell. Other than that, you'll want to check the power cord itself and the junction block where the power cord plugs into. That is where the power first comes into the dryer and possibly moving the cord around caused it to move out of place, but power really only goes to the terminal block and then to the control board and nowhere else really until you try to start the dryer. So if it's tripping as soon as you plug it in, then power somewhere between the power cord and the control board has to be messed up.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

None of the screws are touching anything, I have tryed changing the cord . I had the cord unplugged while stacking and installing the kit . I now have the top off the dryer and can see alot of the power cords not seeing anything burnt but the laundry room dose have a barely noticeable smell as if something may have fried

I couldn't say without inspecting but it sounds like your main control board may have shorted then because the power just comes from the power cord, to the terminal block on the back of the dryer, up to the main control board on the left side wall under the top panel of the dryer. You could unplug all the wires from the board except the power wires coming from the terminal block and see if it still trips the breaker and if so, unplug the power wires just to make sure you don't have a power cord issue. If it doesn't trip the breaker anymore, then you need to replace the control board. If it still trips the breaker then you need to follow the wires because something is shorted out between the board and the end of your power cord. You may need a technician because tracking down shorted wires is definitely not an easy process.

Ok ty I'm going to dig into that , I'll need some time but I'll get back with u soon

ok good luck

Well I took that main control panel completely off the dryer and it still pops the breaker , I'm going to look deeper for a short or burnt wire . This dryer is so new I can't understand why this is happening (only been out of the box for like two weeks ). I did turn it on its side like the stack kit instructions told me to ,could that have caused it idk .I don't smell anything on the panel or under the hood of the dryer that smells burnt .I do smell something I just can't find its source

If the board was disconnected, then you know it has to do with the power wire. Disconnect the wires from the terminal block from the power cord to make sure the power cord itself isn't shorted internally. If it still trips the breaker then replace the power cord. Otherwise follow the wiring because something between the board and power cord is damaged.

Ok ,electrical is not my specialty but i should be able to figure this out with your help. I have a multi meter and I know enough to stay away from a hot 220 lol ....my mind is boggled as to what's causing this issue and I can't wait to figure it out . I have tryed two cords already but I'll still start there

ok good luck. There isn't much more I can do without being there I'm afraid.

Oh and I can't see the new screws that are in the bottom brackets yet I forgot about them maby there the issue , I appreciate your help I'll let you know when i find it

Possibly, you'd need to take the dryer apart to see them.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Sorry for the delay I just finally got someone over that could help get the dryer unstacked got it all apart and I don't se any crossed or damaged wires I'm stumped . Well if you have nothing else for me to try then thanks for trying g to help I'll let you know when the issues resolved :/

Alright well there really isn't much more I can't really say without being there and doing those same checks myself.