Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hoover 842-80 drain pump burned out. replaced with new

Customer Question

hoover 842-80 drain pump burned out. replaced with new complete assembly now it drains all the time as it fills.
pressure switch has 4 contact 3 used .. when blow in it clicks and the 3 used close to form contact.
Thought one was supposed to be on then switch off? doesn't effect pump at all just water fill.
Saw something about thermistor might be failing causing emergencypump out?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WARNING just a scam they take $5 even if no one replies.. not had any replies
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only asked a question as popup said a washing machine expert was waiting to answer.. which was not true.. just an automated scam site. not seen any relevant answers.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Sorry for the delayed response. Hoover experts are few on site, especially so on the weekend evenings and for the very low question value. The only thing that will cause it to drain and pump out at the same time is if the control has a welded relay that is keeping the pump energized or the water is siphoning out. Is the pump actually running when it is draining?