Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Rob, Kenmore Calypso washer that is stuck on 27 minutes

Customer Question
Rob, Kenmore Calypso washer...

Rob, Kenmore Calypso washer that is stuck on 27 minutes remaining with no ad in the washer. Can it be reset, somehow?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Stop/cancel button will beep but the 27 min remains, and I can't restart the washer.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

unplug the unit for about 5 minutes plug it back up and hit cancel, that should make it drain the current load and get back ready to start a new cycle, if not give me the model number so I can be of more assistance, thanks.

In the meantime:

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Did not fix the problem; what other ideas do you have?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

ok you need to check to see if the pump is getting voltage when you put it on drain and spin if so the pump is bad and it needs to be replaced, if the unit will not pump it will stop the cycle and then it wont do anything, just like what you are saying is going on.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

or give me the model number, and I will tell you how to put into diagnostic mode