Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My new Samsung microwave model mc17f808kdt just stopped. No…

Customer Question
My new Samsung microwave model...
My new Samsung microwave model mc17f808kdt just stopped. No power. Outlet works. Fuse I can find test ok. I was using the microwave. Next time I went to use it dark. No power at all. Yes. The outlet works.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

how new is the unit, if it is less than a year old I would call for a service under warranty because if you are positive you have power at the plug that is gonna be something failed internally and working on microwaves can be very dangerous, you would have to uninstall the unit and take it apart to get to the internal fuse and it may not be a fuse it could be the board. You would need a meter to test the fuse inside the unit and the door switches etc to figure out what has failed and microwaves store high voltage even when not plugged in. The only thing really other than that is trying to kill the power at the breaker for a few minutes restore power and see if the board resets.

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!