Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool refrigerator which is frost free (no ice maker,

Customer Question
no water connection) is leaking...
My Whirlpool refrigerator which is frost free (no ice maker, no water connection) is leaking a considerable amount of water in the main refrigerator area and the freezer is icing up.
Model #: ET1PHZPQ1 Type:21TFA
I want to stop the leaking water.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The defrost drain is plugged and leaking into the refrigerator, a very common problem. In the diagram at the link below, you will first need to remove all freezer contents and then remove the number 23 air diverter, followed by the number 16 rear panel.

CLICK HERE

Once those parts have been removed, the defrost drain is located in the number 7 tray in the diagram at the link below. That tray is mounted under the evaporator coil, number 5. The hole is just right of center. Thaw using HOT WATER ONLY, NOTHING SHARP!

CLICK HERE

There is a heater kit you can install to prevent that from happening again, available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

The information looks good and doable but I am going on vacation so decided to tackle it all in 3 weeks. I will let you know how I do or I might have more question?
Thank you.

Oh sure, thank you! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Kelly, Appliance Technician