Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Whirlpool Washer duet HT Model GHW9300PW0, electrical…

Customer Question
I have Whirlpool Washer duet...
I have Whirlpool Washer duet HT Model GHW9300PW0, electrical panel is frozen on Door Locked Red Light and I can unplug and Plug back in and still frozen. Ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

To manually unlock the door you will need to remove the lower front panel (two screws on the underside of the panel) remove the panel and reach up on the right side of the door and pull down on the door latch release lever to unlock the door ,then try to start another cycle and see if the unit then starts.

3 screws, and the door was unlocked, i used a screw driver and locked it. You think manually unlocking it will help?

yes it has to be unlocked before you can start another cycle!

OK. I'll try, just weird the problem existed when it was unlocked. I'm on it.

ok your info is rather confusing you say the door was unlocked but in your first post you stated ((electrical panel is frozen on Door Locked Red Light)

The light you see are you sure it is the door lock light?

And you say the electrical panel is frozen could this light be the control lock ?

The Panel is completely non responsive. Just frozen

ok so the door lock light is on when the door is not lock is this correct?

That was true when I found the problem, I manually locked with a screw driver to see if that would solve the problem. The panel did not change, and now the door is open and the door lock is closed.

ok that would have been good info to give me !

Can you unlock the door and see if the lock light does go off?

I tried, to be clear. I took the bottom panel off and will try and figure out how to unlock.

ok on the bottom of the latch is a lever just pull down on the lever and it will unlock the latch .

Since you used a screw driver to lock it you may need to use the screw driver to assist in unlocking it IF you can unlock it with out the door in the lock !!

working it, no luck so far, but have not given up .

yes using a screw driver to lock the internal door latch is not something I would ever recommend .I suspect you will have to work at it to get the door unlocked if you do not break the door lock /latch assembly!

I just might, any upside to pulling out assembly?

Not really but it can not hurt!

I worked on the Whirlpool Technical assistance line for 10 years and I purposely did what you did and had to break the switch assembly to be able to unlock the door locking devise with out a door strike in it

Well, I have a new problem, broken switch assembly. Will call a technician.

ok the door lock /latch is easy to replace just basic hand tools needed would you like the part number and a video to show the replacement of it?

part number and video would be great, and my the frozen panel is still there. Just added to the problem. Oh well.

here is a link to the door lock /latch.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/8182634/1094190?rcaid=1000070

Here is a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsmVh_sF_yc

If you have any questions just reply back.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.