Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire affinity washer and last week it got the…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire affinity...
I have a Frigidaire affinity washer and last week it got the rinse cycle and cut off. It did that even after a series of trials. Today, it will not even go past water fill cycle then pause and short itself down. Anything I can do to remedy the problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Normally this issue is caused from a shorted Motor Control Board on the unit or bad main CCU board in the console. There is no simple push button fix for this issue I am afraid to say. You would have to check and test the Motor Control board to see if it has been damaged. Often that board burns out causing this malfunction though. The board runs around 200 dollars just so you know.

I would lik you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I am actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician