Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** *****. I have a wolf range and had a fire

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** *****. I have a wolf range and had a fire in it last night. Now the stovetop works fine but the oven won't light. Won't even click as if to try to light.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like...?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There is a high limit thermostat on wolf ranges mounted either to the back of the oven or above the oven just behind the door latch. It will look like a 1" black and silver device with a tiny plastic button in the center of it. You'll want to flip the breaker off to your oven, remove the vent panel that goes across your latch or remove the back sheet metal panel behind the oven and look for this device. Click the tiny button on the thermostat and that should reset it. This is designed to cut power to the heat in the oven if a fire occurs.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.