Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Jenn-Air Gas grill. I purchased new burners but I…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Jenn-Air Gas...
I have a Jenn-Air Gas grill. I purchased new burners for it but I cannot get them to light properly. The flame is coming out next to the igniter and not through the burner like it should. I tried to adjust the adjustment (bolt) opened and closed no difference.
Any ideas would be great.
thanks,
Larry
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/25/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Were the new burners received in a box that was packed with Styrofoam popcorn? If so, shine a flash light in the burner throats to see if they're blocked up. Also, may sure the burners are getting enough air to make for the proper air/gas mixture.

No popcorn, just wrapped in plastic bubble wrap. I will check to see if the throat is clear. Can I set up a time for you to call me when I get home from work. It may be easier to explain.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi John,
I am leaving work shortly and will be home by 6:00pm eastern time. Can you call me then or send me an email to***@******.*** on how I can contact you. phone is(###) ###-#### *****

JustAnswer has a chat service, and while I've never used it, now might be a good time to try it. Will you see if you can access it from your end? If you can't, we can revert to emails, which, I guess is what this is, with J/A as the mediator. Thank you.

I'm still working on how to initiate a chat session. In the meantime, if you'll email me at *****@******.***, we can resume our discussion of your problem. Thank you.