Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fridgidaire FGHN2844LEO. Ice maker dumps ice into

Customer Question
Fridgidaire FGHN2844LEO. Ice maker dumps ice...
Fridgidaire FGHN2844LEO.
Ice maker dumps ice into compartment when full -- bail arm drags it out when drawer is pulled out.
Electrolux sent me $50 part Extension Bail #218513800.
Instructions worthless: Service Flash RF0814
Doesn't tell how to get the Bail Artm released from the Bracket Ice maker shut-off arm with the clip-retainer on the end.
Also, pictures show same part having opposing faces (bottom point is left on one and right on the other photo)
DUMB and no help from ELECTROLUX.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

This bail arm is a real pain to replace .

how handy are you? the entire icemaker has to be taken apart.

I am VERY handy. But there has to be an easier fix.CanI bend the bail arm down to lower the level ice in the tray?Stand a piece of plastic in the back of the tray to stop the its from being pulled back?
ice

Not sure why your last two replies never cam back to me !

You have to remove the cover off the icemaker it just pulls off

Then the metal cover with the gear comes off, and you have to remove the top right switch to gain clearance to remove the old bail arm .

Yes you can bend the bail arm that is on the icemaker down so it hits and turns the unit off sooner so it will make a bit less ice.