Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

16036792-733 We worked on this earlier. Your suggestions did…

Customer Question
16036792-733We worked on this earlier...
16036792-733We worked on this earlier. Your suggestions did not resolve the issue. Would like to find out what the next steps are.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Replaced the heating element and the thermistor, still getting the cycle of 7 flashes on "clean".
Model KUDS01FLss6When I hit 'cancel' during the cycle of 7 flashes, it sounds like the pump comes on with no H20 in the washer.
If I reset on the touchpad, I can get a cycle to start. It lasts maybe 5-10 minutes and then goes to the cycle of 7 flashes. Not much H20 in the tank when it stops or if I disrupt the cycle by opening the door.Could the pump cause the cycle of 7 flashes?
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So yes, not enough water will definitely cause your problem. The 7 flashes means that the dishwasher isn't heating the water. If you don't have enough water to spray around, it won't heat. Look at the water level and make sure it covers the entire floor from wall to wall (it will be a thin layer of water not deep but it should touch the side walls). If you don't have enough water to cover the floor then replace your electronic water valve because it's restricting the water flow. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE

(Edited by Moderator)

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I started the cycle and waited for the H2O to fill and opened the door. There is definitely H2O on the bottom of the washer. I would call it a thin sheet. The cycle is going as I type this. It will go for about 5 minutes and then stop with that 7 cycle flashing.

Put 4 cups on the top rack (1 in each corner) facing upwards. Do the cups fill up with water if you run it for 5-10 minutes?

It did fill the cups. Stops after 10 minutes or so and goes into the 7 cycle flashing.

OK then you need to test the high limit thermostat below the tub and see if there is continuity through it. This is the dime sized black and silver device that one of the wires from the heating element connects to. If it doesn't have continuity replace it. If it does have continuity, you're down to either a bad control board or an issue with the door latch. Open the door and pull the door striker down and bend it just enough so that it barely slides over the inner door liner when the door opens and closes. That will make sure the switch is totally depressed and not just partially depressed on the latch. If that checks good and you still get the error code, you need to replace your control board.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc