Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have samsung 2 door fridge with ice maker. Bought at

Customer Question
christmas 2015. We have been...
We have samsung 2 door fridge with ice maker. Bought at christmas 2015. We have been away for 2 months. Now the ice maker wont work. The ice looks like it has filled the inside container. We cannot open container as perinstruction. What should we do to get rid of ice. How do we get ice maker to work
How do we reduce
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
2/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Is the ice in a blob stuck in the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I call you are you in Australia or overseas?

No I am in the States just post here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have tried a hair dryer to try to loosen the ice and it has loosened up a bit but the ice container still won't come out.

I used a steamer and it took forever and then there was a large chunk still under it can you let it totally defrost?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks but we can't do that. We have guests coming.

OK have how long did you defrost it for with the hairdryer? It will take awhile as the ice gets to be a large ball under it and takes awhile to defrost.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician