Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave fan has stopped working

Customer Question
my microwave fan has stopped working
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/24/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Do you hear a click when you press the Fan button from the control?

no
no clicks

Ok normally when that happens it is a control issue causing the fans not to work. Basically the control board is not seeing the input. This was a common failure on the Samsung units. The bad news is like many Samsung products the part in no longer available...SEE PART #1 at this link so you will not be able to fix it and further hardly anything is available for the unit so I would use it as is or get a new one honestly.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

well that doesn't help - so we will use it without fan and when the item burns out or whatever we will buy another from another manufacturer - have a good day

I am sorry please do not kill the messenger, without parts it is hard to fix these...sorry