Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Frigidaire Side By Side Model PHSC39EESSO that has

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Frigidaire Side By Side Model PHSC39EESSO that has stopped making Ice. Just replaced the water inlet valve and placed the green line to the ice maker in a bucket and after a short while water flowed into the bucket. After re-installing the line to the ice maker I have not seen any water entering the ice maker. My freezer temp is always around +5 degrees. Do I need to replace the ice maker?
Thanks, Rick
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Yes you have a bad icemaker on the unit when that happens, normally the harvest thermostat is not working and tripping the icemaker to harvest. Replace the icemaker and you will be good to go 100%!

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks