Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am replacing the timer switch on my dryer. Do you have a…

Customer Question
I am replacing the timer...
I am replacing the timer switch on my dryer. Do you have a diagram I can use to reconnect the wires?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/24/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

TMD14M04
234D1495G003P
First # ***** for the timer, 2nd was for the actual dryer

That is not an American Appliance model number!

Are you in the U.S?

Whom is the manufacture?

GZ808245A
GE is the manufacturer

That is not a good number either.

Open the door the model/serial tag should be on the tank face frame.

GTDX400ED0WS
That's the model #. The other number GZ808245A is the serial #

That`s it give me a minute or two to pull the information up .

Ok, will do
I have A, B, C, H, S, F, T & X. What colors go to the others?

what it the part number for the NEW timer that you have?

And is it the same as the old one?

234D1296P006

ok that is NOT a GE part number!

Norm Pacific is what it says on it

ok the timer that the manufacturer calls for is WE04X20416

Does this new timer look like the old one terminal wise?

it looks exactly the same. Just different name on it. Will this not work without the GE part?
The original timer is thru Norm Pacific too. Model TMD14M04

No you can not put another manufactures part in it .

that is like putting a ford part in a Chevy ,it is not done and not compatible.

It's the same timer that was on the dryer before I replaced it
Same model # & same amount of plugs/wires

Where did you get the new timer from?

Pearsol's Parts here in Cincinnati

ok The wire diagram is for the model number you gave me .

I see what they did they have removed the First digit off the terminal

So TA is just A TH is just H

and I also see a TS ,TT,and a TX

S is black

T is white

X is two yellows

Ok, I have all those correct. Will call a mechanic. Thank you

what is the unit doing or not doing?