Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE French door refrigerator that makes a very loud…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE French door refrigerator that makes a very loud rattling sound. It is coming from the top right.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Only that it is loud & does not happen all the time.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/24/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section so I can see what would cause the noise is the top right corner? Also, if you open any door does the noise go away?

Model # *****
No the noise does not go away when I open the door.

OK perfect, if the noise doesn't go away when you open the door, can you check and see if the noise may be coming from behind that back center vent inside the refrigerator against the back wall?

No I that fan was replaced.

You're going to have to do more investigation because what you're telling me doesn't make sense. You can track down the noise, but there is nothing in the upper right corner of the refrigerator so you need to figure out where the noise is coming from.

Exactly when I put my hand on the outside of the top right side panel I can feel the vibration. It is very loud
Appliance Technician: Sean F., Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service

Hi my name is***** am a different tech. Do you have cabinets built around your refrigerator?

Top and left side. The water filter is on the right. When I changed it 3 weeks ago the noise stopped for 2 days. Then started again.

O.K try getting water from your unit and see if it makes noise.

Ithe is ice only and when
I
I do not think you can help me.

how often does it make noise?

I think you are right. I don't think I will be able to help. Sounds like you will in a tech to come out and be able to put hands on to find were your noise is coming from. Your noise/vibration is coming from another location and then just vibrating to the top right.

Best of luck.

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

I am a different tech could you take a video of it and upload it?