Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag oven ecwe900,shuts down .f- 2 codes appear. have

Customer Question
installed a new sensor .worked...
maytag oven ecwe900,shuts down .f- 2 codes appear. have installed a new sensor .worked well for 2 days .shuts down again ,f-2 code appears
what's the next step .
thanks Frank
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Normally this is rare for the sensor to be bad as most times it is actually the clock control that goes bad and does not read the sensor correctly. You should access the wiring to the control and check the thermister resistance a the control. If it does read within range 1080 ohms at room temp 77 degrees and the wiring looks good replace the control.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks