Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Maytag Centennial which stops in the mid cycle.

Customer Question
Hi, I have an Maytag...
Hi, I have an Maytag Centennial which stops in the mid cycle. Also, often it passes it cycle going into another cycle, virtually without stopping or it washes without water.
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

This is a common issue with this model and unfortunately it means that your sensor switch up inside the control panel is failing. This is the only switch with a small rubber hose going to it as well as several wires. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for sensor switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

I will install the part on Tuesday, and I will keep you updated.

Ok good luck

Hi, it didn't work. After replacing the part, the washer it's still not working. No matter where I'm putting the dial it seats, and takes the water only in a certain position. I tried to unplug it for a while, then I started to run 2 cycles on it( express and delicate) and same issues it works erratically. Thanks

If it only takes in water in certain position then you have a bad timer control which is the part behind the large knob. It sounds like the contacts aren't aligned properly so below is a link to the timer you'd need to replace.

CLICK HERE for timer control