Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

RE: Samsung DW80F600UTS. I press start, select cycle, close…

Customer Question
RE: Samsung DW80F600UTS. I press start...
RE: Samsung DW80F600UTS.
I press start, select cycle, close door, 3 blue progress lights come on front door, machine sits idle for 10 or so minutes and powers down.
Operations completed:
Re-Boot (unplug)
Clean screens (took apart down to the pump)
Press and hold start button
Purchased new control board - $100
Tried different cycles
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Are any error codes coming up on the unit?

None
I'm not a the machine, but can be shortly.

ok

I'm at the machine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

What exactly is flashing when it starts and does it fill with water?

No flashing lights no action at all. The only thing lit is the cycle selection and the three progress lights on the face.

Does it fill or try to fill?

Nothing. If I press and hold START, the pump runs and tries to empty, but that's all I can get anything motorized to run.

Which board did you replace?

The control board located on the front bottom of the machine, next to where the AC feed is.

Ok is the unit still full of water?

No
The drain function works.

OK give me a few I am checking some things on your model

No Problem

Is normal heavy delicate or Smart Auto flashing?

Nothing flashing. Only thing lit is the cycle that is selected and the 3 blue lights on the face. Then everything shuts off after about 10 minutes.
It's in service mode

OK here are the two tables run the unit and see if all functions work, if they do I would say something is wrong with the door latch itself.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Smart Auto + Heavy + Child Lock + 6 and 9 hr. Delay Start + Low Rinse indicators are on.
Mode 4 did not show on the attachments you sent.
You there?

Yes I had stepped out let me get it for you

While you were gone I found these sheets online, but know what. The "Smart Auto" and "Heavy" are lit, as well as others.

DOes it run through all the diagnostic tests?

Do I just put it in service mode and close the door?

Yes and then test all the functions fro what you have happening it sounds like the door switch is not working.

It wasn't doing anything, I opened the door pressed normal, closed it, it started filling, stopped for quite a while, I opened the door, held start down to drain it, it drained then automatically started a wash cycle by itself! It's running now, but I don't know what the hell!
If it was the door switch, it wouldn't be doing what it's doing right?

Ok can you get it to fill again?

It started filling and running through a cycle by itself.
I don't get it, we didn't do anything! What I want to see is if it completes this cycle and I can manually start it again.

Yes you did a hard reset by putting it into diagnostic mode, let me know

Dishwasher still not working. Once I have it in service mode, what do I do?

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I can continue to work with you but please understand I have not been credited anything for my time. If you could supply a rating I would appreciate it so at least I know I am not working for free.

Of course I am going to rate you, but I don't know what to rate because there have not been any results. While you were away, I got on line and figured out how to get the thing in service mode. What to do when in service mode is the question.

I am not sure what you mean what do you not know how to do in service mode?

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician