Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge profile washer was into a cycle - about 3 0r 4 minutes…

Customer Question
my ge profile washer was...
my ge profile washer was into a cycle - about 3 0r 4 minutes and it has now stopped. the digital read is flashing 44 (minutes). water is in the tub with sheets . we have unplugged it and replugged it but nothing happens. we are getting power.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Is the drain pump trying to run or possibly blocked?

No

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

WPRE8150H1WT

Can you remove the front to check the top of the motor for any flashing error codes?

I'LL continue later thought this might be a quick fix. Need to get to work. Thank you for your time.

OK one last thing try this to reset it

POSITION CYCLE SELECTOR AT 9 O’CLOCK. DEPRESS START BUTTON WHILE ROTATING CYCLE SELECTOR KNOB 180 DEGREES. RELEASE START BUTTON AND ALL LEDS WILL LIGHT. THIS IS POSITION ZERO.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks