Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My ge profile washer was into a cycle - about 3 0r 4 minutes

Customer Question

my ge profile washer was into a cycle - about 3 0r 4 minutes and it has now stopped. the digital read is flashing 44 (minutes). water is in the tub with sheets . we have unplugged it and replugged it but nothing happens. we are getting power.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Is the drain pump trying to run or possibly blocked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WPRE8150H1WT

Can you remove the front to check the top of the motor for any flashing error codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'LL continue later thought this might be a quick fix. Need to get to work. Thank you for your time.

OK one last thing try this to reset it

POSITION CYCLE SELECTOR AT 9 O’CLOCK. DEPRESS START BUTTON WHILE ROTATING CYCLE SELECTOR KNOB 180 DEGREES. RELEASE START BUTTON AND ALL LEDS WILL LIGHT. THIS IS POSITION ZERO.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks