John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My GE fridge portion is not working, but the bottom freezer

Customer Question

My GE fridge portion is not working, but the bottom freezer is fine. The back coils are clean - no dust. I can feel air blowing out the back of the fridge. I do not hear any sounds from the fridge section. The light sensor is turning on and off. I have unplugged the fridge to see if defrosting works. Any other suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What would you like to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? The model should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Also, how long did you unplug the fridge for?