Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Frigidaire venice electric wall hanging fireplace model wlvf…

Customer Question
Frigidaire venice electric wall hanging...
Frigidaire venice electric wall hanging fireplace model wlvf 10342 remote control is not working. where can I find a replacement remote control?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can you find any part number on the old remote? This is made by DANBY which is a company in China. I would have to cross reference to it.

Thanks, look inside the battery compartment for a number, there could be one there.

Nothing inside either.

I cannot find anything on this unit, sorry, I will opt out, and hopefully another expert will know where there is one

Hope somebody can find something
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The problem is that the remote and receiver must be matched. That fireplace was an imported model with NO tech support. It is actually a Warm House product, only labeled Frigidaire as a sales tool. The link below is to some remotes and receives but they are half the cost of a replacement fireplace.

CLICK HERE

cost aside if we were to match remote and receiver, do all these brands communicate with the Warm House model? which would you recommend that would communicate properly? how would it communicate? where would we place the receiver to have it communicate correctly? etc... any assistance would be appreciated.
is there a way we can manually change temperature on our model?

I cannot find any technical info on your exact model. Can you post a picture of how it is connected now (the receiver)?

On that model, it looks to be part of the display panel. You won't be able to use a universal remote. I don't see an happy ending as I cannot even find a replacement for any of the electronics on that unit. These imported models are not designed to be serviced. They are basically a disposable product for the most part.

Thanks for your help. Let's close this story with a thanks😊

You may try calling the retailer you bought it from, they may trade it out as a courtesy for you. Take care, thank you.

Kelly, Appliance Technician