Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

2 questions: My Frigidaire gas oven (about 10 years old)

Customer Question
2 questions: My Frigidaire gas oven...
2 questions:
My Frigidaire gas oven (about 10 years old) takes forever to preheat and sometimes never reaches the higher temps. What is the probable cause and how fixable is this?
The door on my Frigidaire microwave (about 5 years old) does not seal shut and in order to use the microwave I must hold the door closed to get a tight seal to activate it. Is this fixable and how much would it cost?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/22/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
the model number of FGHT1846KR2 is for a Refrigerator.

Sorry! I see that now. The stove model no. is FGF379WECS

That`s better ,Thank you!

I can only do one appliance per question (That is just Answer policy)

How are you testing the oven temperature?

And is the unit on Natural gas or L/P gas?

I am believing the display that shows the temperature as it preheats.
I am going to have to leave now. Will I receive an answer via email?

any and all communication is done through this web site.

And so you sat it for say 350 and the display never get there is that what your saying?

Just copy This conversations URL and paste it into your favorites and get back to me when you can!

It is natural gas. It might take 25 minutes or more to get to 350.

ok 20-25 minutes is normal to heat the oven to the required temperature.

And where do you live ? asking to figure out the altitude your at.

The higher above sea level the longer it will take to reach temperature.

I have researched this and it should take less than 10 min. I am not satisfied with your responses. I do not want to pay. How do I get my money back?

I`m sorry to say but YOUR research is incorrect .

there is no way your oven will reach the set temperature in just 10 min.

The control may beep to say it has reached the set temperature but that is just telling you that the oven interior is conditioned.

Conditioned= means that once you open the door put the food in and close the door that the oven will ACTUALLY reach the set desire temperature in approx 10 min then you can start the time for your recipe.

BUT NO oven gas or electric will reach the desired set temperature in just 10 min.

So I suggest that you call the manufacture and let them come out and look at your oven so they can charge you as much as $100.00 to tell you the exact same thing.

Master Tech
Master Tech