Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

KitchenAid ice maker in freezer (side by side) has a blue…

Customer Question
KitchenAid ice maker in...

KitchenAid ice maker in freezer (side by side) has a blue push-in on r side and finger hole on left side. empty of ice cubes. moves slightly when attempt made to remove it. it will not pull up and out. stuck

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?

It has been several months since ice bin removed, washed & dried. it used to offer cubes or crushed ice to a little spout on the outside of the door

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/22/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

If that is stuck often water drips down and freezes under that mechanism causing the bin not to release. Use a hairdryer and lif up the lower edge of the bin and try to blow a lot of warm air under there to get ti to melt, this takes awhile sometimes to do, but eventually once thawed out it will release. It was a poor design.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks