Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Gold side by side refrigerator

Customer Question
GSF26C4WXW02 / 2011. The Ice...
I have a Whirlpool Gold side by side refrigerator GSF26C4WXW02 / 2011. The Ice Maker completely stopped working along with the Ice Dispenser Motor (Bin Auger). The Ice Maker Optics are on the door and No LED light would come on. Unplugged refrigerator several times to try and reset still no LED light. Optics Boards are getting 14 volts AC properly. Replaced both optics boards still no LED light. Ice Maker and Ice Dispenser motor are not getting any power. Replaced Main Control Board still no LED light or power to Ice Maker or Dispenser motor. When the Ice Paddle is pressed I can hear the relay on the main control board click but still no power. The only thing I see left is the UI module? Could this be the cause or am I still missing something?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
2/22/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The optics boards Emitter and receiver are powered off of D/C voltage

Did you mean that your getting 14 VDC?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I stand corrected it is 14 VDC. Also checked the door switches and they appear good.

ok and you do hear the relay on the main control board when you call for ice but you are not getting voltage to the auger motor correct?

And you have replaced the main control board ?

And when you tested for voltage to the auger motor did you test it at the motor or the main control board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tested the voltage at the auger motor connector and get 0. Also I tested for voltage at the Ice Maker connector and get 0.
Replaced both optics boards and main control board.
The relays on the main control board are clicking.

ok when you tested the voltage at the auger motor did you remove the harness from the motor?

An which terminal did you test on the icemaker for voltage?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tested the auger motor voltage with the harness on and off.
I tested the Ice maker with the harness on. Ice maker was tested by using voltmeter in test holes on front of ice maker unit. Not sure of exact holes I don't have the troubleshooting sheet I used with me right now.

ok it has to be on the motor for the main control to give voltage .

it should have been L to N and looking for 120 VAC.

Ok So then you are not with the unit at this time then?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have access to the unit right now. I however had put everything back together on the fridge. The Ice Maker was getting no power L to N and I did try to jump I believe T to H but the ice maker is completely dead. I tried to back feed the harness attached to the auger motor and got no power when pressing the ice paddle.

ok What do you mean you tried to back feed the harness attached to the auger motor?

And do you have a wire diagram for the unit?

And know how to read it also?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took a voltmeter with probes and stuck them in the wiring harness while attached to the auger motor. I have the schematic and have gone thru all of the ice maker test points. Starting with the optics troubleshooting diagnostics sheet for this refrigerator The optics LED Light will not come on. Since it will not come on at all with unplugging and plugging the fridge and trying to enter the diagnostic mode with various door switch combinations, I believe the problem must be residing here at this point since the optics control the power to the ice maker unit. According to the optics diagnosis the LED light must stay on continuously or blink with a series of flashes to offer a diagnosis.

Ok but the user interface gets it control voltage from the main control are you sure your getting the 14 VDC from the main control board

John, Home Appliance Technician