Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I get the old Electrolux 1401 wand sheath off?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/21/2016
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Would you kindly let me have the full model number - Z1401 perhaps which is an upright?

It's a superJ cannister. The new wand sheath has a movable "tab," but the old sheath does not.
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

Sorry for the delay I have been looking everywhere for a picture of the wand fitting in the meantime you have given me more information. Could you kindly let me have the part number of the supplied new part.

The eVacuumStore invoice has a manufacture Part Number: 26-1922-25. This sheath is pictured on a video on youtube. Did you find a picture of the old super J sheath for the power nozzle?
Bonzaco: Thank you for your efforts. My 18-year-old son, picked up the old sheath and wand and immediately detached the old sheath. :)
I should have ordered not only the sheath, but also the steel wand that comes with it. After all, the Super J is about 40 years old.With such a long interval, I should not be surprised that there have been several redesigns in the power nozzle set up. I have two old wands, each manufactured and designed at different times.
The oldest one is just one long tube. It was probably designed to be used with the pre-power wand rug and floor attachment.
The new sheath just slides freely up and down on it.
The newer one can be broken down into two equal sections. For the time being, I have found a way to use this one with the new sheath. If I get too frustrated, I will go back to eVacuumStore.
I hope your other questions require less frustration.