Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am having trouble with my Samsung RF268ACRS refrigerator…

Customer Question
Hello I am having...

Hello I am having trouble with my Samsung RF268ACRS refrigerator not cooling or freezing. Power freeze and power cool do not seem to work.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It's not cooling or freezing and has not for about two days. All the food spoiled.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Sorry, I am going to opt out, as I do not have info on this model.

'

Appliance Technician: Rick, Repair Guy replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Repair Guy

Hello my name is***** will assist you today. I understand that your refrigerator is not working. What I would like you to do is pull it out far enough to unplug, unplug it for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. Samsung computers sometimes lock up when they recieve a power surge. After you plug it in please tell me if everything seems to start up, about 1 minute after replugging you should hear a few fans and the compressor low buzz.

I did not hear anything

Are there lights? does the display show anything

it has lights inside there is power to the fridge. We have plugged other items into outlet to ensure it works. I have even tried resetting the breaker to that outlet. I am going to have to call a repair man. The temp is 69 in the fridge at 54 in the freezer.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is likely that the main control board will need to be replaced. That part, DA41-00648B, is showing as no longer available, however. You may be needing to shop for a new refrigerator.