Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am having trouble with my Samsung RF268ACRS refrigerator

Customer Question

Hello I am having trouble with my Samsung RF268ACRS refrigerator not cooling or freezing. Power freeze and power cool do not seem to work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's not cooling or freezing and has not for about two days. All the food spoiled.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I am going to opt out, as I do not have info on this model.

'

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will assist you today. I understand that your refrigerator is not working. What I would like you to do is pull it out far enough to unplug, unplug it for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. Samsung computers sometimes lock up when they recieve a power surge. After you plug it in please tell me if everything seems to start up, about 1 minute after replugging you should hear a few fans and the compressor low buzz.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not hear anything
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Are there lights? does the display show anything

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has lights inside there is power to the fridge. We have plugged other items into outlet to ensure it works. I have even tried resetting the breaker to that outlet. I am going to have to call a repair man. The temp is 69 in the fridge at 54 in the freezer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is likely that the main control board will need to be replaced. That part, DA41-00648B, is showing as no longer available, however. You may be needing to shop for a new refrigerator.