Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore washer 70 series stays in wash cycle and will not…

Customer Question
Kenmore washer 70 series...

Kenmore washer 70 series stays in wash cycle and will not advance to rinse

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Kenmore 70 series washer stays in wash cycle and will not advance to rinse.

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?

I have to move the selector knob manually, then open and close lid and then it rinses. same for spin, but spin is slow and does not drain water from clothes as it did before. thank you

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/21/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Will you please send me the model number, so I can look for technical information for you? Thank you.

hi john,
model # *****
also, since washer is 13 yrs old, is it better to just replace it, instead of repairing it. thank you

I would not dispose of it too quickly. I'll look for technical information, and I'll get back to you.

thank you

The information I found says that your have a mechanical timer assembly on your dryer. If so, and you are able to advance through the cycle by turning the knob, the timer assembly needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** it's priced at $118.83. You can purchase it at www.searspartsdirect.com.

If you need more help, please get back to me. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

thanks john,
however, it was a washer not dryer. is it same part that needs to be replaced, timer part #3953937?

I'm sorry. I typed the wrong word. The part is for a washer.

That part number is ***** your washer timer.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?