Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The frigidare dryer turns only few seconds and beeps and…

Customer Question
The frigidare dryer turns only...
The frigidare dryer turns only for a few seconds and beeps and stops turning
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Rick, Repair Guy replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Repair Guy

Hello my name is Rick, I will assist you today. If you keep the button pushed does it keep the turning til you let your finger off.

No, START/PAUSE are on the same button....it starts but only runs for about 5 seconds!
If I keep pressure on the start button it does not start at all...

There is a second Switch located in the motor of the dryer, it is called a centrifical switch. When you start the dryer it sends power to the motor to turn, once the drum turns the centrifical switch takes over. There are a few thermostats located inside the dryer but those would cause a no heat issue and not a issue like this. My professional opinion is that you have a bad motor.

Calling you at an additional cost will not fix a bad motor....this is a brand new dryer being put into service for the very first time. I hate to believe that the motor is bad, but that is not an impossibility. Final question, the beeps that...1 or 3, if they are reversed 3 then 1 does that tell us what type of malfunction?

I am sorry, it is the website that request the call not myself. Are you refering to the lights on the control? This is the first you are mentioning of beeps.

manual says you will hear 3 beeps to indicate dryer is ready to operate. Press START to Begin the Cycle. You will hear one beep. THESE BEEPS SEEM TO BE REVERSED. I hear 1 beep first then 3 after pressing the START button instead of 1?

No, I dont believe that is a issue. Now that I know it is new, I still think it is a issue with the centrifical switch in the motor, but I have a feeling they will find a loose wire, or something real simple that is wrong.

Not a happy Camper at the moment, thanks for your help anyway....Best wishesSam

Sam, I am sorry your unit is still broke, and was not something we could fix quickly here at Justanswer, but could you please take a moment to rate the quality of answers I gave you, as that is how we are compensated for being here answering questions.

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The tech sheet for that model is attached. Initiating the diagnostic mode will display any fault codes and lead you to the issue you are having. Let me know what you find if you are still having issues. If you are not and have it remedied, save that tech sheet for future issues that may arise!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?