Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore refrigerator model 795.72053.14 that builds…

Customer Question
Hello - I have a...
Hello - I have a Kenmore refrigerator model 795.72053.14 that builds up frost in freezer. Every few months the (evaporator?)fan behind the freezer starts to make noise, so I remove food from freezer, and let the unit defrost. Chucks of ice fall out. Its been a few weeks since I went through that lenghthy process. Frost is building up again, fan is not making noise yet, but the ice maker has crawled to a slow. 1 load of ice every 24 hours. Suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it takes a few months to frost up, there is most likely an issue with the defrost sensor that is mounted on the evaporator coil. I would replace that part, available below. It simply unplugs and plugs in and is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Is the evaporator coil easy to get to? Would a defrost problem also be why my ice maker has slowed to a crawl?

The back wall in the freezer has to be removed to access that part. Yes, the ice maker production is dependent upon low temperatures, so any frost is going to obstruct air flow, making the temperature rise.

Hello, I was just checking in with you because I have not heard back from you. If you have no other questions, positive feedback would be appreciated.