Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm ***** ***** my issue is with a Whirlpool Cabrio Steam…

Customer Question
Hi I'm ***** *****...

Hi I'm ***** ***** my issue is with a Whirlpool Cabrio Steam dryer

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

All was working fine yesterday - go to dry a load of clothes today and all buttons work except the Start button is blinking and it won't begin any cycle i ran the diagnostic test and i have a F 25 that is now blinking

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dryer door the model /serial tag is on the face frame of the dryer.

Whirlpool Cabrio Steam Dryer WED6600VW0

Thank you !

The F-25 is a shorted inlet thermistor.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it ?

ugh -- i don't have one

ok Then I have to suggest that you replace the high limit /inlet thermistor assembly.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/High-Limit-Thermostat/8577891/1201574?rcaid=1000070

it is mounted on the rear of the dryer on the right side looking at the dryer from the rear and it is item#8

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagramenlarge/3/0/933465/151830

If you have any questions just reply back.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

I see you have not rated me as of yet!

I`m trying to get my questions caught up for the end of the month

Good morning....
I have since discovered that the Start button is broken inside under the user interface control board. It's the dark gray plastic piece that the control board sits in. I will try gluing the broken plastic piece, but in the meantime, can you tell me what part to order to replace that dark gray plastic section that has the plastic contact for the start button?

That is the control board assembly. the user interface and control board are one assembly.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-And-Display-Board/W10051165/1446633?rcaid=1000070

I'm back again...the control board assembly was back ordered, but has finally arrived.
I'm struggling; however, to get the existing assembly removed. Have been able to get the white cover and circuit board removed from the dryer, but the dark gray piece (the part with the broken plastic that is "behind" the power switch) is not budging. Any guidance on how to remove that?

ok it just has friction snaps that hold it in place three on top ,three on bottom and one one each end . just unclip on end then work your way on each side to the other end un mounting the part.

I can move those tabs, but even with them unclipped the gray plastic doesn't budge. It's like the gray piece is glued to the front panel or needs to come out the front as it appears to be larger than the white plastic surrounding it. I have a similiar issue as what is documented in this thread (http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/bbb6e20dc1d945d8af78d8b2f8e43f29) but this person gives up on it online. Not sure how to proceed to get this old piece out to be able to replace the whole assembly. Unfortunately, I didn't need a new circuit board it's just this gray plastic that's broken but seems immovable. Any other thoughts?

Have you removed the know yet from the front of the unit?

i think you mean knob? and yes, the knob is off -- i've actually taken circuit board out so the whole knob assembly is out and the knob is off the front. just have the shell (dark gray plastic) remaining. working on sending a pict now

I can see the tabs holding the gray part in place.

not these clips the one next to them where you can see the white from inside the gray area.

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/DfUcnX50/pict1.JPG

look at the photo in this link you will see the 8 clips I`m talking about

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-And-Display-Board/W10051165/1446633

The front of the console does not come off .(the part with the printing on it

yes those are the ones!

i'm hitting the same road block this person did.... http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/bbb6e20dc1d945d8af78d8b2f8e43f29

If you can not get it apart I can only suggest calling in an appliance tech or returning the part and order the entire console assembly

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Panel/W10146153/1451514?rcaid=1000070