Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool fridge is not cooling control panel is not

Customer Question
lighting up but fridge has...
My whirlpool fridge is not cooling control panel is not lighting up but fridge has power to it and light is coming on it is model number GI5FSAXV 02
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it ? to be able to do any component testing?

I have to suspect that you have a issue with the main control board not sending voltage to the control panel.

I would like to test it or at least try a few tricks, before I just up and say it needs to be replaced.

What do we need to do to test this

First lets unplug the unit for more then 5 minutes .

This should reboot the main control board in the rear of the unit.

then plug it back in and tell me if it is the same or not.

That did not work

Ok then you need to go to the rear of the unit and remove the inspection cover and on the left corner looking at the unit from the rear .

Is the main control board mounted on the wall .

You will need to unmount the control remove the cover and fins the J1 connector and you need to test the J6-1 Black /Green to the J2-2 Red /Black and test for 12 volts D/C

If you have voltage it is a dispenser control board issue .

if you do not have the voltage then the issue is the main control board.

I suspect the main control board.

Let me know if you have any questions.

That did not work.. What else should we try?

Did you see the last post I sent you 10 minutes ago? on doing a voltage test at the main control board

We unplugged for five minutes with no results

After the unplugging for 5 min .

I sent you this ((

I suspect the main control board.

Let me know if you have any questions.))

Do you still need assistance on your question?